But, there are steps you can take to clean up your credit report, and then keep it clean.
Become a Good Credit Risk
To clean up your credit report you must begin to pay your bills on time. Don’t use charge cards unless you can always make the required payments on time.
If you have a credit card debt problem there are some steps you can take to get your finances back in balance:
– Pay down debt on credit cards you’ve maxed out in order to reduce your ratio of debt to borrowing power.
– Reduce your overall debt–especially high interest credit cards.
– If your home has more value than your current debt load think seriously about transferring high interest debt to a lower interest consolidation loan
– Make your rent or mortgage payments on time
– Think differently while shopping using these tips for spending money wisely
– Establish a personal budget
– Obtain guaranteed Master card to establish good track record